Version 1.21.0 (Nov. 2014)
- bug fixed: when sharing file to group members in group chat, the sharing fails to proceed if all targets are offline
- revision: support web online icon
Version 1.20.0 (Jan. 2014)
- bug fixed: mmc, after "start recording" finishes, online status cannot be restored
- revision: check message sorting-group, always put items with group at top no matter ascending or descending
- revision: For user's convenience, IM alert window show file number to receive.
- revision: support force leave for group IM, only group owner(the one who create the group) can force leave other users. require MCU 3.20.7+
- revision: support server conversation log
- revision: add seh handler to catch crash point(no stack trace though) in log file
- bug fixed: transfer file to group member should not include self
- revision: persistent group conversation, supporting offline users
- revision: when sending to contact group, allow sending to offline users
- revision: support unlimited client info
- revision: support edit command in check message
Version 1.18.2 (Aug. 2012)
- revision: support certain picky proxy for tcphttp
- revision: tcphttp, default use http not https for port 443
- revision: registry entry: show_event
- bug fixed: pick user dialog/Search, allow empty string re-search; no action if hint not changed
Version 1.18.1 (Jun. 2012)
- bug fixed: do not prompt sign in dialog box at start for password-not-saved offices. too many such dialog box cause stack overflow and msgr crashes.
Version 1.18.0 (Mar. 2012)
- revision: do not show the message "Note, only messenger 1.12 or higher can retrieve offline shared files."
- bug fixed: '&' should be replaced to '&&' for certain GUI components: such as menu, static text, hyperlink, etc.
Version 1.17.1 (Aug. 2011)
- bug fixed: when IM window is minimized, gray empty window may occur while receiving text.
Version 1.17.0 (Aug. 2011)
- revision: support typing status (require mcu 3.17+)
Version 1.16.2 (Jun. 2011)
- revision/bug fixed: use profile directory instead of messenger folder for weboffice.wbl, emoticon.txt, wbmsgrlog.txt, imlog.txt, and imxmllog.txt
- bug fixed: cannot save downloaded recording file when the title contains multiple /\:*?"<>|, etc.
- revision: when clicking 'all messages are saved' while pressing Ctrl, bring up the log folder
Version 1.16.1 (May 2011)
- revision: some wording changes
Version 1.16.0 (Jan. 2011)
- bug fixed: should avoid "1e+003KB" in helper string calculation
Version 1.15.0 (Sep. 2010)
- bug fixed: when invite a group from main window, should not invite those that are offline; otherwise, invitation to 'empty' may occur
- revision: allow to transfer file while being appear offline
- revision: allow to initiate a group conversation while being appear offline
- bug fixed: NTLM, only use unicode in negotiation
- revision/bug fixed: support up to 5000 instead of 1000 users
- bug fixed: when adding a new office, should record the last_status as the initial status chosen by the user
- revision: support auto-accept-invitation
- revision: change office icon using the online status icon.
- revision: support unlimited client_info
- revision: new option to bypass using system's proxy setting: "try_system_proxy"
- revision: emotion facial icons in IM conversation
- revision: show whether a shared recording file has been played
- revision: support multi-file selection in transfer file dialog box
Version 1.14.1 (Apr. 2010)
- bug fixed: the search should be case-insensitive in the pick user dlg(add person to group conversation)
- revision/bug fixed: for xml log im window showing logs, minimize/hide the window when lost foreground status
- revision/bug fixed: do not bring up browser for a url if the user is just trying to select it.
- revision: by default, only show 7 days for conversation log. user can change this when doing the refresh
Version 1.14.0 (Mar. 2010)
- bug fixed: crash when changing font in IM Log window.
- bug fixed: cannot save downloaded recording file when the title contains '/', etc.
- revision: audio play thread. open audio device on demand only
- bug fixed: the search should be on username instead of userid in the pick user dlg(add person to group conversation)
- revision: support adjusting input window height
- revision: log im text/file_transfer in xml format; add new interface to find and display a conversation
- revision: im log file will not be truncated now
- bug fixed: mobile, GUI cannot be shown when the specified language dll file does not exist
- bug fixed: mobile, incorrect method to move cursor to the end in IM windows
- revision: mobile, try to open data connection before using the network.
- bug fixed: mobile, should enable navigate menu at main window when there is any log window.
Version 1.13.0 (Jul. 2009)
- revision/bug fixed: when a good backup is present, should tolerate an invalid primary ip
- revision/bug fixed: when using proxy and no local dns, try to use dns through proxy
- revision/bug fixed: save group's folding status to 'ci'.
- revision: allow to send IM text while being 'appear offline'
- bug fixed: when there are multiple file transfer in the IM window, and the window is not large enough to contain them all, frequent flash may occur if focus is in IM window
- revision: when 'ci' too large to be completed saved to server, record the skipped count in the log file. also, show an error prompt when the msgr is not quitting.
- revision: show year information in the tooltip of shared recording file
- revision: allow to mark as read/unread for multiple selection in check message dialog box
- revision: add menu 'IM Log' under 'File' and tray icon.
- revision: append 'The list may not be complete' after the Other users (xxx)
- revision/bug fixed: when the network is disconnected/reconnected, show the event in all the existing IM windows. Also, when the user sent IM text recently (within 2 minutes) before the disconnection. warn the user.
- revision: support group in check message dialog box (msgr 1.13, mcu 3.13)
- revision: support personal message (msgr 1.13, mcu 3.13)
- revision: support subject for share through messenger (msgr 1.13, mcu 3.13)
- revision: add 'share recording file' menu to Action menu of IM window
- revision: when sending IM to offline user, only show the offline warning once until the peer status changes
- revision: main window, show user name and personal message in the tooltip for user
- revision: support tooltip for check message dialog box.
- revision: remove 'HomeMeeting Home' from the menu
- revision: change to 'JoinNet Messenger' from 'HM Messenger'
- revision: mobile version, support play sound
- revision: log file sharing activity
- revision: support share through email
- revision: log file limitation is 10M now
- revision/bug fixed: use exponential backoff for automatical re-connection timeout now
- revision/bug fixed: avoid to remove parts of the client info(such as shared recording file) by accident
- revision/bug fixed: improve the method to audo-adjust the main window's sizp/position when the old window is not valid.
- bug fixed: popup alert sometimes grabs the focus from other applications
- revision: mobile, add menu 'tooltip' for the main window items
- revision: add log for deferred invitation
Version 1.12.3 (Jul. 2008)
- bug fixed: should redraw the specific contact group after renaming the contact group.
- bug fixed: when sending text to group while being offline, only warn once when there are multiple offline targets.
- revision: support recording file sharing and file transfer in group conversation window.
- revision: use light blue color for IM text showing that someone left the group conversation.
Version 1.12.2 (Jul. 2008)
- bug fixed: should not remember window position when the window is maximized. bug introduced from 1.12.1
- revision: allow multiple accounts per server
- bug fixed: when multiple audio playback devices exist, use the default device
Version 1.12.1 (Jun. 2008)
- revision: use left align in the popup alert window.
- revision: window mobile professional, show icon on icon bar when there are missed calls
- revision: windows mobile standard, show icon on icon bar
- revision: show userid in the tooltip of a user in the main window
Version 1.12.0 (May 2008)
- revision/bug fixed: http now use version 1.1 instead of 1.0
- revision: support firewall that only allow http or https traffic
- bug fixed: the log for peer username is empty when recving the first short message
- bug fixed: im window, should track the status for invite menus under 'Action'.
- revision: support group conversation
- bug fixed: do not show menu "visit xxx's office" when the peer is a guest
- revision: show "all messages saved" in the im log window. clicking it trigger the applicaiton associated with .txt
- revision: support delayed invite for group (group im or contact group invite)
- revision: support start recording
- revision: do not log IM message in normal log file, (only log them in the im log file)
- bug fixed, when user click reconnect while the passoword is not auto-remembered, and then cancel the dialog box, the password is reset. avoid this.
- revision/bug fixed: http 1.1 applications must support chunked transfer encoding
- revision: prompt user if the user try to remove a received shared recording file.
- revision: support file transfer (drag and drop is also supported)
- revision: support offline share recording file
- revision/bug fixed: remember IM window position when closing it.
- bug fixed: memory leak in premature return for group short message.
- revision: support Find in IM window and check message dialog box
- revision: IM window only alert the very first incoming text message.
- revision: support url link in IM window
Version 1.11.3 (Apr. 2007)
- revision: move English resource to wbmsgrENU.dll file.
- revision: change application name from "HomeMeeting Messenger" to "HM Messenger".
Version 1.11.2 (Nov. 2007)
- revision: remove feature (alert user to become online when launching messenger). (feature introduced in 1.8.0)
Version 1.11.1 (Oct. 2007)
- bug fixed: IPv6, when the domain can resolve to both IPv6 and IPv4 IP addresses, try both IPv4 and IPv6 IP addresses
- bug fixed: socks4 proxy bug fixed.
- revision: show IM log information in an IM window. (previous versions use default browser to view the file)
Version 1.11.0 (Oct. 2007)
- revision: when trying to send out im message while being appearoffline, warn the user that sending message changes status to 'online'
- revision: support offline message
- revision: show invite menu/button when there is no office open. (this change does not apply to the group invite)
Version 1.10.0 (May 2007)
- revision: support IPv6
- revision: when you change the global status (from 'My Status' or from the right click menu at the tray icon), the status of the disconnected offices are also changed.
- revision: when you are overwritten by another connection and you select not remembering the password, the password is reset when you try to reconnect (i.e. you must input the password to reconnect). This change is for your protection.
- revision: default soring in check message box changes to as the latest is put to top.
- revision: during startup or importing, if you have an office without saved password and click cancel at the 'add office' dialog box, that office will still be added to the Main GUI for your convenience.
- revision: if the server turns on archiving, alert the end-user before s/he tries to upload a recording file
- revision: at the beginning of the Instant Message window, tell the end-user the text chat is logged. Clicking the link, the user can open the file using browser (by default) or using the system-associated application (by concurrently holding the CTRL key)
- revision: support playback record for all shared playback through messenger
- bug fixed: "rename office" dialog box components overlap
- bug fixed: Alert popup may kill focus of other window, such as IME bar. (bug reported by IPRoom)
- bug fixed: After uploading a recording file, should sort items first and then make sure the new item visible.
- bug fixed: Crash bug when getting http response with content length of 0.
- bug fixed: Check message through proxy fails (bug reported by IPRoom)
- bug fixed: cannot sign in when the server's url is using port other than 80. (bug reported by WebMeeting)
- bug fixed: after uploading a recording file when there is no recording file, should correctly update the GUI
Version 1.9.3 (Jan. 2007)
- bug fixed: processing redirected url bug. url_port2 is not initialized correctly.
- revision: do not show the office's status until the conneciton is completely connected.
- port to pocket pc
- revision: stop flash im window if the user click the close button on the alert window.
- revision: select the new uploaded item automatically and ensure it visible after upload a recording file.
- bug fixed: when reconnect an office, init the status to online when it is faked away.
- revision: edit profile support deny_message option for mcu 3.9.0+
- revision: support check message for weboffice and mmc
- revision: support invited guest for weboffice
- revision: append "Guest" at the office name for guest connections
- revision: when visit other as a mmc user, always use signin id when not guest
- revision: when importing weboffice the imported weboffice will show up immediately (overwrite exsiting one if duplicated)
- revision: save im font to ci.
- revision: prepare to support client (such as pocket pc and cell-phone) which does not support rich edit. when formated text is not available, use the plain text instead.
- revision: use registry instead of wbmsgr.ini (copy it to registry if neccessary).
Version 1.8.0 (Jun. 2006)
- revision: always allow change status even when there is no active office.
- revision: load office name and contact group info from server when sign-in.
- revision: save office name and contact group change info to server whenever changes occurs (delay for 5s for performance issue)
- revision/bug fixed: some client cannot connect to server when starting the computer, because the network is not ready yet when msgr try to connect.
- bug fixed: when delete offline contact and if that offline user is not an contact any more after the delelte, 'other user(0)' will appear.
- bug fixed: mmc server, should not show self as contact (note, this is more difficult than weboffice case because the internal_id is available only after signing in)
- revision: when server is logging message activity, show alert at IM window
- bug fixed: when missed call alert expire and the office is at disconnected status, do not add to the GUI.
- revision: save the last status of an non-guest office, when restart, use that last status as the initial status.
- bug fixed: when the connection is broken and auto-reconnect, the status should keep the same instead of using the global status.
- revision: let user choose sign in status when add office and reconnect.
- revision: after auto-sign-in and the status is not online, alert user to change to online
- revision: after more than 8 hour in-activity and new activity is detected and the status is not online, alert user to change to online
- revision: for the tooltip for the office, show the original office name. (just in case, the user forget the original name)
- revision: show internal id for mmc server when View Account Information