JoinNet Changes Notes
Version 5.11.3 April 2017
- Bug fixed: crash when mouse scroll on joint web browser
- Revision: Upgrade to kernel 1.37.0
Version 5.11.2 December 2016
- Revision: Add support to capture video from IP camera
- Revision: Camera selection (and activation) by right click of "Send Video" button
Version 5.9.2 October 2015
- Revision: New kernel is used to support the new "relative mark move" used by the Web JoinNet
Version 5.9.1 October 2015
- Bug fixed: "downloadu.exe" not working
- Bug fixed: "Configure Audio devices" button not working
Version 5.9.0 September 2015
- Revision: New Open264 codec
- Revision: Upload slide from scanner (from "Menu" or "Slide" button, select "Add slide from scanner")
- Revision: Rotate image before upload (in the preview window)
- Revision: Update on desktop sharing function for Windows 8
- Revision: Apply "Do not disturb" to SIP phone
- Revision: New stamps
- Revision: Camera switching (right-click on "Stop Sending Video" button when multiple cameras are available)
- Bug fixed: Fix "color" issue when copy image from Chrome browser and paste it to whiteboard
Version 5.7.8 January 2015
- Bug fixed: Crash when leave message using F264 codec
- Bug fixed: auto update not working (downloadu.exe is updated)
- Revision: Support MJPG video decoder
Version 5.7.1 March 2014
- Bug fixed: "Page" number not displayed in whiteboard when not using English language/li>
- Revision: Show control panel during playback
Version 5.7.0 March 2014
- Revision: Add new Opus codec
Version 5.6.1 July 2013
- Bug fixed: display page number in whiteboard during local playback of recording files
- Bug fixed: invalid audio packet
- Revision: SIP: support "domain", hear account balance
- Bug fixed: SIP: call button status, allow duplicate uri
Version 5.6.0 January 2013
- Replace facilitator with presenter and deputy
- New whiteboard drawing tool: stamps
- New random number drawing tool
- New start blank page for Joint Web Browser
- New single audio feature for token holder to suppress audio from other participants
- Revision: when a preparation mode meeting switch to normal meeting, change the session start time
- Revision: allow controller to start a new appdata channel
- Bug fixed: autodownload slide should skip deleted ones
- Revision: always write statistics log files
Version 5.5.1 July 2012
- Bug fix: add the facilitator menu to other languages
Version 5.5.0 June 2012
- New facilitator role
- Automatically copy whiteboard slides to the private note
- Pause remote control
- New shapes supported in whiteboard and private note
- New SIP video support
Version 22.214.171.1245 Nov. 2011
- [Installation Package] Support JoinNet Playback and JID(JoinNet Installation Detection) for Chrome
- SIP: when the peer hang up, remove the entry from GUI automatically.
- Bug fix: when joinnet exit while JNSip has open dialog box, JNSip will hang
Version 5.4.6 August 2011
- [Installation Package] New installation package include MFC 10 libraries
- [Installation Package] Add new registry to fix JID issue in FireFox 5
- [Installation Package] Set registry on both Local Machine and Current User
- Increase the scroll speed of the desktop sharing when using the arrow buttons.
- Revise the “Reset” button behavior in the toolbar customization. It is now reset to the state after installation.
- New slide group in slide selection control
- New Sync/Independent mode
- New parameter in JoinNet.ini to control slide fit, for example, "Slide Fit=Width"
- New parameter in JoinNet.ini to control auto allow question, for example, "ConferenceMode=1"
- Added mouse wheel function in the whiteboard. Fixed mouse wheel bug in control panel and private memo.
- Added new GUI change to display the color and size pallate in the whiteboard. Instead of hiding it, it is now displayed in grey.
- Bug fix: Fix SIP GUI crash bug.
- Bug fix: Fix bug that, on some computers, SKIN2 may cause JoinNet to start slowly
- Bug fix: Fix the crash bug in high resolution display with certain operations, such as moving vertical splitter all the way to the left (to show whiteboard only), or choosing “maximize” during desktop sharing.
- Bug fix: Disable “VDP source” as a video source (the Buffalo bluetooth driver problem). This is hard-coded.
- Bug fix: Fix a resource leak bug that may have caused the “encounter an improper” error when upload large files
- Bug fix: Dummy cannot work when JoinNet EXE is compiled using VS 2010
Version 5.2.0 October 2010
- [Installation Package] The default JoinNet Printer resolution is now 150 DPI
- Automatically fit width in the Whiteboard. New GUI buttons for zoom in/out and fit width/page are added.
- New “Print” slides function. If a PDF printer driver is also installed, then all or selected slides can be printed into a PDF file.
- Improve support to drag-and-drop all printable files into the Whiteboard (through JoinNet Printer driver).
- New Fujitsu H.264 codec support, need to be enabled in the server license file. The video capture resolution has been upgraded to include 1280x720 (need to use new Fujitsu H.264 codec at this resolution).
Version 5.1.1 March 2010
- Bug fix: desktop sharing, late participant screen not refreshed
- Bug fix: the question "accepted" was mistakenly displayed as "skipped" at the lower left corner hint
- Bug fix: the "ringing" of pending question did not work.
- Add "UserName" (in addition to "UserID") support in JNJ file.
- Enable auto allow visitor menu gui for MMC
- Enhance echo cancellation (in Windows XP, messenger version 1.14.0 is required)
- Change test wizard windows size to show video, change wordings (Traditional Chinese only)
- Bug fix: offline playback cannot see dynamic video (when camera plugs in after joinnet starts)
- Bug fix: in some cases, when audio buffering set to 0 (shortest), the buffer may become very large
- Bug fix: video becomes slow or stops due to A/V sync
Version 5.1.0 July 2009
- [Installation Package] Change Printer Driver default from 75 dpi to 100 dpi
- New Private Note function
- Dock windows on all 4 sides (only 2 in previous versio), i.e. up to 4 splitters
- New splitter ON/OFF option
- New audio input (microphone) volume adjustment GUI
- New "Fit Width", "Fit Height", and "Fit Page" options for the white board
- Remove check message for MMC
- Synchronize the main video size by Token holder (limited support)
- New option in "JoinNet.ini" file to adjust the size of color/mark buttons
- Bug fix: JoinNet does not show '&' in user name correctly
- Bug fix: JoinNet does not receive video after auto-reconnect
- Bug fix: JoinNet crashes when clicking the 'show video' from the context menu at control panel
Version 5.0.4 June 2009
- Bug fix: "TCP" preference was not used initially
- Bug fix: Remove unnecessary screen refresh in desktop sharing and remote control.
Version 5.0.3 May 2009
- Bug fix: When selecting "Show Video" in control panel, JoinNet hangs
Version 5.0.2 January 2009
- [Installation Package] Support 64-bit (x64) JoinNet Printer Driver installation
- [Installation Package] Improve JoinNet Printer Driver quality on Windows Vista and certain Windows XP
- [Installation Package] Bug fix: JoinNet installation detection in x64 environment
- Bug fix: Desktop Sharing full screen mode selection
- Bug fix: support DNS resolving through the proxy
- Bug fix: Video capture problem for vista x64
- Bug fix: The coordinator may stuck with a flashing quesiton flag when the question asker leaves
Version 5.0.1 October 2008
- Bug fix: video capture (some device did not work)
Version 5.0.0 July 2008
- [Installation Package] Support XP and later only (Win98 is phased out)
- Support "Start Recording" (new codec) from messenger
- Remove message checking from Web Office home page; check message only through messenger or MMC
- New proxy settings.
- Support Korean
- Dynamic video capture capability
Version 4.5.4 December 2007
- [Installation Package] change “jnPlay.ini” to display control panel during playback
- [Installation Package] keep toolbar customization settings; fixed remote control bug.
- Bug fix: GUI disabled at the end of playback.
- Bug fix: customized toolbar bug (some buttons did not show).
- Bug fix: improve JoinNet launch efficiency (video capture detection)
Version 4.5.0 October 2007
- [Installation Package] Install toolbar customization initial settings
- New GUI allows customizable toolbar buttons.
- Add configurable text to toolbar buttons.
- New maximize (within window) option in addition to full screen option.
- New window "visibility" layout parameter in the INI file (in addition to "width" and "height").
- New Splitter docking in the INI file.
- New self picture.
- New G.726 audio codec.
- Dynamic A/V capability (receive only, "send" not yet implemented).
- Some buttons ("ask question", "mute", "recording") of the main video window are moved to next to the main menu area.
- Printer driver: add 300 dpi
- Bug fix: timing issue that ask question was skipped.
Version 4.4.1 July 2007
- [Installation Package] Install detector component for checking whether JoinNet is installed.
- New AutoRequestVideo option in INI file. If set to 1, the video of the token holder and question will be automatically requrested and displayed in the 2nd video window.
- Remove "stop sign" when playback.
- Bug fix: "MainWindow" parameter in the INI file was not functioning in 4.4.0.
- Bug fix: Multibyte skin bug.
Version 4.4.0 May 2007
- [Installation Package] For Windows Vista, the default installation folder is "C:\HomeMeeting" instead of "C:\Programe Files\HomeMeeting".
- New Audio Codec: Two new codecs, iLBC and G.711, are supported. The JoinNet client can set the preference in the INI file (“Audio Codec” entry, use 1 or 2 for iLBC, and 3 for G.711). The audio codec preference can be overwritten by the server setting (in MCU configuration file configm.ini, or by the USERINFO of the JNJ file (audio_codec_preference) generated at MMC web application). Please note that the raw audio data bandwidth for iLbc and G.711 is 15K and 64K bits per second respectively, and the header overhead is about 10 to 15 percent. This feature requires new MCU version 3.10.0.
- Customizable Auto-update URL: The new version of JoinNet can accept “joinnet_auto_update_url” in the JNJ's USERINFO or MCU configuration that overwrites the hardcoded URL in the JoinNet executable. This feature requires new MCU version 3.10.0.
- Customizable Logos: Accept “skin2” for logo and splash images from non-encrypted portion of the JNJ file. The mechanism is the same as “skin”. That is, JoinNet first looks for the DLL in the JoinNet folder. If not found, it then tries to download the “zipped” DLL from the URL specified in the “skin2” entry. Note that the download DLL from the URL must be signed by HomeMeeting.
- Disable File Upload: Accept “disable_joinnet_upload_file” from the meeting MCU server: This setting, if set to true, will inhibit meeting participants from uploading file to the White Board. This feature requires new MCU version 3.10.0.
- Disable Saving Slides: Accept “disable_joinnet_save_slide” from the meeting MCU server: This setting, if set to true, will inhibit meeting participant from saving slides or files uploaded to the White Board. This feature requires new MCU version 3.10.0.
- Setting Bandwidth Per Meeting: This is actually a feature of the new MCU version 3.10.0. Previous versions of JoinNet have already supported bandwidth setting for the meeting server. This new feature allows the server to set the bandwidth on per-meeting basis (instead of per-server basis).
- Accept Total Meeting Bandwidth Setting: Accept “total_av_bandwidth” in JNJ's USERINFO setting and automatically adjust upstream bandwidth depending on the number of speaking participants. If this option is present, each speaker will receive bandwidth limit equals the total_av_bandwidth divided by the number of speakers. This bandwidth limit includes both audio and video. Audio bandwidth depends on the codec and therefore affects the calculation of the video bandwidth.
- Build-in Microphone issue: Some video cameras, such as Logitech, come with build-in microphones. Users are often confused and think that they are using the headset/microphone plugged in to the computer built-in sound card. During the “Test Wizard” session, JoinNet 4.4.0 adds the feature to ask the user to switch “default recording device” if it matches the “audio_device_querylist” entry in the INI file.
- Automatically Un-mute Speaker Volume: When JoinNet is started to join a meeting or playback a recording file, the speaker volume is automatically set to 2% level if it is muted or at 0% volume.
- Keep Token Holder Video in Main Window: Accept “joinnet_holder_video” in JNJ's USERINFO and the MCU configuration: This setting is to specify main video window shows only the video of token holder.
- “Use max available bandwidth” option in the bandwidth setting: When this setting is set (and saved in the registry), the original save bandwidth value will be ignored and use the MCU server provided bandwidth limit instead.
- Resolve out-of-order packet issue in UDP: The out-of-order issue has been resolved with additional buffering (limited by 20 packets AND 100 ms).
Version 4.3.3 February 2007
- Zoom In/Out (Available in 4.2.2): The zoom functions in the Interactive Board, including Desktop Sharing and Remote Control, have been improved. There’s a slight increase of CPU usage to achieve the visual improvements.
- Full screen mode in Desktop Sharing (Available in 4.2.2): The full screen mode of the desktop sharing has been modified to fit the screen of the receiver to cover the whole screen of the presenter. If the receiver’s screen resolution is higher, then no scaling is done.
- Fixed Remote Control Full-Screen bug (Available in 4.2.2): When the controller is in full-screen mode of remote control and the meeting ends, the JoinNet can not escape full-screen mode by itself (even by Alt-Enter key). This bug is fixed.
- Improved audio: Improve the audio quality dealing with the underflow of audio buffer.
- Interactive Board GUI: The GUI (marking functions) is hidden when the participant is not a token holder or a questioner. This GUI is also hidden in the recording playback mode.
- Bookmarks: New bookmarks and recording file (JNR) properties are added to the new versions of HomeMeeting system. The recording file can be edited to insert these new attributes, especially bookmarks, to facilitate playback functions. In a recording with multiple video streams, the video on the main window can also be specified in the recording file.
- JNR Properties: JNR properties specify many attributes of a JoinNet Recording file.
- JNR password: The new version of JoinNet recording file supports password protection.