WebOffice MCU Change Notes
Version 4.0.1 (Apr. 2020)
- bug fixed: JNR editing error in handling large plugin data
Version 4.0.0 (Apr. 2020)
- revision: support TLS 1.2
- revision: linux version support 64bit
- bug fixed: JNR editing error in handling large MyPicture data
- revision: win32 only, new configm entry: nss_db_password
Version 3.26.7 (Mar. 2020)
- revision: limit of MAX meeting changes from 500 to 6000
- revision: new configm entry: init_recording_off
Version 3.26.6 (Jul. 2019)
- bug fixed: mmc only, when a person-based meeting owner reconnect to a meeting, which is already being recovered (by another participant), the owner's waiting incorrectly blocks all other meetings
Version 3.26.5 (Jun. 2019)
- [MCU] revision: the user will get "IDS_SESSION_CLOSED" if the "how" is 1, 2, 3, 4, or 6
- [MCU] revision: if there is a JNR file with "how" of 5, the meeting will continue from this JNR file
Version 3.26.4 (Mar. 2019)
- [MCU] bug fixed: when continuing meeting, should track user leave events and avoid adding fictional user leave events at the beginning of the actual meeting
Version 3.26.3 (Mar. 2019)
- [MCU] revision: support webrtc media status notification
Version 3.26.2 (Feb. 2019)
- [MCU] bug fixed: websocket restrict send/recv to be used in single thread due to not-thread-safe
Version 3.26.1 (Jan. 2019)
- [MCU] bug fixed: use thread local modifier for local static variables
Version 3.26.0 (Dec. 2018)
- [MCU] revision: support WebRTC in JoinNet
- [MCU] revision: new configm entry jnkernel_min_ver
- [MCU] revision: default opus bitrate set to 48000, min opus bitrate set to 24000
- [MCU] revision: default port changes to 443
- [MCU] revision: WO share URL use https if applicable
- [MCU] revision: conversion server convert to 24bit png
Version 3.25.2 (Mar. 2020)
- revision: limit of MAX meeting changes from 500 to 6000
Version 3.25.1 (Jan. 2018)
- [MCU] bug fixed: Linux, crash may occur when raw file locking is detected during rescue due to double fclose(bug introduced from 3.25.0)
Version 3.25.0 (Dec. 2017)
- [Installation Package] revision: support vid in management page
- [MCU] revision: support Audio Call and Video Call in IM window for Web JoinNet 1.5.0
Version 3.24.2 (Jun. 2017)
- [MCU] bug fixed: bug fixed: in TCPMedia, ssrc checking logic error, could cause crash
Version 3.24.1 (Jun. 2017)
- [MCU] bug fixed: _office_status_xxx.xml file name should use jnj_ip
- [MCU] revision: when websocket validate header encounter error, put error code in response and log (level 9) the request for troubleshooting
- [MCU] revision: log the raw file name and size at the beginning of a rescue function, just in case the MCU crash during this rescue process
- [MCU] bug fixed: when the raw file base position is reset due to error, should not try to re-map the file no matter what
Version 3.24.0 (Feb. 2017)
- [MCU] revision: support time information for text chat; require jnkernel 1.37
- [MCU] revision: use Apache PDFBox to convert PDF to PNG for conversion server
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: always allow token holder to add mark on active slide
- [MCU] revision: IM log, timestamp now use MCU's clock, instead of adjusted client's clock.
- [MCU] bug fixed: when editing a JNR with large image mark, the process could create corrupted JNR, or cause MCU crash
Version 3.23.8 (Nov. 2016)
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: when checking license, enforce that outsideconnection is not larger than connection
- [MCU] revision: _status_ip_xxx.xml now contain playback list and more information for meeting list
- [MCU] revision: _cluster_connection_xxx.txt now contain playback connection information
- [MCU] revision: configm, meeting_termination_warning now accept value 1 to 10
- [MCU] revision: local manage, --terminate_delay= accept value 0 to 10
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: when owner re-join the meeting, should adopt the new name(and email) for the owner if owner's name(or email) changes
- [MCU] revision: configm.ini entry disable_recording, when set to 1, no raw recording will be created
Version 3.23.7 (Oct. 2016)
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: remote management, send meeting id information in activity snapshot window
- [MCU] revision: linux mcu, local manage, terminate meeting by id or by index
Version 3.23.6 (Sep. 2016)
- [Installation Package] revision: component mng is updated
- [MCU] bug fixed: uploading JNR of size [2-4]GB would fail incorrectly.
- [MCU] revision: conversion server, now convert to png file instead of jpg file
- [MCU] revision: https only support one cipher suite: TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA
- [MCU] revision: when unsharing a jnr, keep the view count intact
- [MCU] bug fixed: wo mcu, when removing a user, should leave all the pgc that this user belongs to
- [MCU] revision: always send the view count information in the CheckMessage even if the file is not shared
- [MCU] revision: when password error occurs, delay the response for 2ms[1st time], 5ms[2nd time], and 30ms[3+ time]
Version 3.23.5 (Jun. 2016)
- [MCU] bug fixed: websocket mcu, should try hard to detect error or peer's close during mysend loop. otherwise, sending will not stop even if the peer close the connection
- [MCU] revision: show full file name(i.e., with wrapping extension) in slide uploading/downloading logs
- [MCU] revision: wo mcu, when the inviter is not in the meeting, still allow the inviter to invite guest to the meeting
Version 3.23.4 (Jun. 2016)
- [MCU] bug fixed: websocket mcu, speed up socket close detection when the peer websocket close the connection
- [MCU] revision: enforce 2048bit dh key exchange for manage.exe (i.e., version 4.6+)
Version 3.23.3 (May 2016)
- [MCU] bug fixed: wo mcu, mime type error in https weboffice/playback jnj link
Version 3.23.2 (Apr. 2016)
- [MCU] revision: stop recording when session duration exceed 10-day
- [MCU] revision: save the correct record time when rescue JNR from raw files
- [MCU] revision: wo mcu, support parameter "web=1" for visit jnj and playback jnj
Version 3.23.1 (Mar. 2016)
- [Installation Package] revision: Linux only, copy libraries to local MCU folder so that the installed libraries don't affect other programs in the system
- [Installation Package] revision: component mng is updated to support 2048bit dh key exchange
- [Installation Package] revision: the result of mng calling should skip stderr (manage/shared.php)
- [MCU] revision: reentry permit feature is improved
- [MCU] bug fixed: should forward cancel-question request to question controller instead of token holder
- [MCU] revision: send slide download status to both token holder and slide flipper
- [MCU] revision: support 4GB+ JNR file
- [MCU] revision: new entry in configm.ini: "jnr_creation_size_limit", 1 - 1000, means 1G to 1000G
- [MCU] revision: support secure websocket
- [MCU] revision: fully support HTTPS (see configuration steps in section 2.7 of http://download.homemeeting.com/webjoinnet/Web%20JoinNet%20Deployment%20and%20Built-in%20Customization.pdf)
- [MCU] revision: now support using domain name to specify relay MCU
- [MCU] revision: support 2048 bit dh key exchange for protocol
- [MCU] revision: https turn off SSL v2, SSL v3
- [MCU] revision: linux mcu, support loading libraries from MCU folder
Version 3.22.1 (Jan. 2015)
- [MCU] revision: for each meeting creation/release, user join/leave log, record the session index, random_id and meetingid(mmc mcu only).
Version 3.22.0 (Nov. 2014)
- [Installation Package] revision: support JoinNet Web App
- [MCU] revision: new configm entry, "force_tcphttp". useful for MCU behind reverse proxy
- [MCU] revision: support websocket, which is used in JoinNet Web App
- [MCU] revision: support new online status: web
- [MCU] revision: at msgr sign-in, MCU will automatically rejoin the user to all active pgc created by this user.
- [MCU] revision: default audio change from ilbc to opus
- [MCU] revision: valid opus bitrate is now between 12000 to 256000
- [MCU] revision: revision: support video code mjpg
- [MCU] revision: when finding and auto-assigning a new token holder, force exiting questioners to ask question
Version 3.21.0 (Jan. 2014)
- [MCU] bug fixed: linux mcu, handle large file
- [MCU] revision: support force leave for group IM
- [MCU] revision: support saving im log at server, and allow user to check the log from client.
- [MCU] revision: cluster mcu, require cluster mcu must use the same version
- [MCU] revision: persistent group converstion, supporting offline users
- [MCU] revision: support jeditor command for msgr
- [MCU] revision: support audio codec opus
Version 3.20.7 (Aug. 2013)
- [MCU] revision: during the joinnet log in process, if the session finishes, do not show ERROR_INTERNAL, show ERROR_SESSION_CLOSED instead.
Version 3.20.6 (Jun. 2013)
- [MCU] bug fixed: linux mcu may crash when memory mapping space is using up
- [MCU] revision: improve memory mapping algorithm so that the MCU can support up to ~3000 playback sessions
- [MCU] revision: change upper limit of playback session from 500 to 1000
Version 3.20.5 (May 2013)
- [MCU] bug fixed: mcu will crash if user upload file of name dPI-xxx.zzz (note, server conversion need dPI-xxx-yyy.zzz)
Version 3.20.4 (Apr. 2013)
- [MCU] revision: when sending flip slide command to joinnet, send new command(with source ssrc) to new jnkernel(1.32+)
also, reverse the related change in 3.20.3
- [MCU] bug fixed: sending my picture may stop unexpected, when there is no audio/video in the meeting
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: change the way writing files that could be read by other applications at the same time
- [MCU] revision: new config entry, check_raw_file_across_meetingid
Version 3.20.3 (Feb. 2013)
- [MCU] revision: do not send flip slide command back to the issuer
Version 3.20.2 (Dec. 2012)
- [MCU] bug fixed: after a joinnet is disconnected, if the meeting is recovered multiple times, should still allow the joinnet to reconnect back.
- [MCU] bug fixed: when a joinnet reconnect back and the old meeting cannot be found, return session-is-over
Version 3.20.1 (Dec. 2012)
- [MCU] revision: upload-slide logging show "not recorded" if the slide(s) is not recorded
- [MCU] revision: issuing url is not exclusive now. both token holder and controller can issue url
- [MCU] revision: messenger sign in log show vid when virtual server is on
Version 3.20.0 (Dec. 2012)
- [Installation Package] bug fixed: should not prompt Browser's User Agent, which is for debugging purpose only
- [MCU] bug fixed: size_w/size_h is not written into jnj file when there is no vmcu.xml file. (bug introduced from 3.17.5)
- [MCU] revision: improvement on reconnection and hot recovery
- [MCU] revision: some new commands are recorded to jnr file: jnr file may require jnkernel 1.31 to playback
- [MCU] bug fixed: conversion server, do not use batch convert any more: the result could be missing and out of order pages
- [MCU] revision: conversion server new configm entry: convert_type_whitelist and convert_type_blacklist
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: when a non-id guest reconnect back to a meeting, keep using the old ssrc
- [MCU] revision: policy for detecting empty room change:
if a (last) user leaves due to abnormal reason less than 2 minutes, donot count it as empty room.
this is to handle the case that the last user get disconnected and want to come back to continue the meeting.
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: when a guest reconnect back to a message, allow the guest to continue leaving message
- [MCU] revision: new role of Deputy help owner to accept guest, end meeting, disconnect user, and retrieve token
- [MCU] revision: support to create random reconnect name for all guests to come back without additional permission and using the same ssrc
- [MCU] revision: when a recovery of raw/jnr file fails, increase the fail count in the corresponding xml file;
do not retry to recover it when the count reach 3
- [MCU] revision: reconnect will only skip line busy checking if it is a potential overwrite
- [MCU] bug fixed: mcu will crash when a joinnet request to playback a jnr file that is too new for the mcu.
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: win32 mcu, improve the max tmp file count in a folder from 64K to 16G
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: force meeting to end if duration exceed 20 days
- [MCU] revision: using conversion server, give user/mcu option to convert page by page.
new configm entry: convert_page_by_page
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: for security, return wrong password for both wrong id and wrong password
- [MCU] bug fixed: linux mcu, deadlock occurs when uploading slide while recording file is full
Version 3.19.0 (Jun. 2012)
- [Installation Package] revision: for certain browser/OS, such as android,
do not prompt "You need HomeMeeting JoinNet to follow this link, do you want to download it now?"
- [MCU] revision: meeting control
- [MCU] revision: conversion server support
- [MCU] bug fixed: license enforcement for connection via relay:
even if (out)conneciton is already full, should still allow connection via relay if allowing it doesn't increase the (out)connection.
Version 3.18.2 (Mar. 2012)
- [MCU] revision: change timeout 20s polling time from 8 to 3
Version 3.18.1 (Mar. 2012)
- [MCU] revision: policy change: SIP connection doesn't consume any connection in license.
Version 3.18.0 (Feb. 2012)
- [MCU] bug fixed: should set virtual vid 0 and 1's private value to "0".
- [MCU] revision: virtual MCU support configm entry max_participant_video, max_participant_audio,
audio_codec_preference, video_codec_preference, skin, skin2, gui_company
- [MCU] revision: event list, pass additional info to msgr(1.18+): whether the user is invited.
Version 3.17.5 (Feb. 2012)
- [MCU] revision: virtual MCU support configm entry size_w and size_h
Version 3.17.4 (Jan. 2012)
- [MCU] bug fixed: when resuming a recording file, which has some marks deleted, the recovery may fail due to mark ID expectation error.
Version 3.17.3 (Dec. 2011)
- [MCU] bug fixed: mcu may crash if the sum of slide group name length, slide title length and slide owner name length exceeds ~500 bytes (bug introduced from 3.16.3)
Version 3.17.2 (Nov. 2011)
- [Installation Package] bug fixed: add changes to prevent XSS attack
- [MCU] bug fixed: when a meeting is terminated and there still is a participant in the meeting with congested network, mcu may crash
- [MCU] revision: when a participant try to overwrite an existing connection, support to kick it out even if the existing connection is congested.
- [MCU] revision: when rescueing a recording file, relax the correct file checking, so that a recording file can be rescued most of the time, even if some of the raw files are corrupted.
Version 3.17.1 (Oct. 2011)
- [MCU] bug fixed: when uploading my picture whose size can be divided by 500, the recording file will be invalid.
Version 3.17.0 (Aug. 2011)
- [MCU] revision: support virtual server, do not support group prefix any more
- [MCU] revision: support typing status
- [MCU] bug fixed: transfer slide, should support property len for slide length. will cause joinnet disconnection and/or mcu crash.
note, this bug only occurs when preparing slide using joinnet 5.4+
Version 3.16.5 (Jul. 2011)
- [MCU] bug fixed: when joinnet request no video, should stop sending video (bug introduced from 3.16.3)
Version 3.16.4 (May 2011)
- [MCU] bug fixed: media tcp connection between relay and master may deadlock (bug in master mcu)
- [MCU] revision: new configm.ini entry "init_tab": 0 for white board; 1 for joint browsing
Version 3.16.3 (Apr. 2011)
- [MCU] bug fixed: when a user leave and re-join a meeting, the user cannot upload My Picture.
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: when a meeting does not request recording, donot allow to change its recording status
- [MCU] revision: support new configm entry: disable_recording (notification sent to jnkernel 1.28+)
- [MCU] revision: support slide group(several slides in one group)
- [MCU] bug fixed: when a user leave and re-join a meeting, the user cannot retrieve the slide's group name
- [MCU] bug fixed: should allow all questioners to delete their own slides
- [MCU] bug fixed: when overwritting owner in a meeting, the new joinnet cannot log in with error: already logged in. bug from 3.13.0
- [MCU] revision: when a user will potentially overwrite an existing connection, do not enforce the line busy policy.
- [MCU] revision: when a user reconnect (with a valid reconnection ticket), do not enforce the line busy policy
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: use unit KB instead of B when logging the available memory; linux 2.6 can show correct available memory now.
- [MCU] revision: improve the memory fragmentation.
- [MCU] revision: take protective actions when virtual space is about to be used up.
- [MCU] revision: only send the stopping recording and recording stopped warning once to each joinnet
- [MCU] bug fixed: when the recording file size is near limitation(4GB) while the meeting keep going, the used memory keeps increasing until out of memory
- [MCU] revision: license,support fixed_mac2 to provide a backup mac address
- [MCU] bug fixed: access of data struture for owner's permission need protection, otherwise mcu may crash
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: linux, use a faster monotonic clock(need linux 2.6)
- [MCU] revision: fine-tune queue management.
Version 3.15.2 (Feb. 2011)
- [MCU] bug fixed: meeting participant is incorrectly disconnected due to bad connection, which is actually caused by non-atomic actions on two timestamp readings.
Version 3.15.1 (Feb. 2011)
- [MCU] revision: jeditor usage enforcement policy change: do not check user's MAC address any more
Version 3.15.0 (Sep. 2010)
- [Installation Package] bug fixed: manage, configuration.php, MaxTalkerSelections init values not correct. (bug from mcu 3.10)
- [Installation Package] bug fixed: manage, shared.php, if LocateMcu fails, should return ERROR immediately
- [MCU] revision: new entry in configm.ini,guest_messenger_allow
- [MCU] revision: recording file packet header, insert new field 'src timestamp'. require jnkernel 1.27
- [MCU] bug fixed: should request to check disk usage after a recording file delete via JoinNet
- [MCU] revision: support hm264 and f264 video codec
- [MCU] bug fixed: NTLM, only use unicode in negotiation
- [MCU] revision: new configm.ini entry: meeting_termination_warning
- [MCU] bug fixed: should log playback activity in daily/monthly xml log files when the playback is stopped due to shutdown/session_close.
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: msgr thread, send username info to msgr client as early as possible. otherwise, the user may leave empty name when playing shared recording files
- [MCU] revision: new configm entry "disable_auto_accept_invitation"
- [MCU] revision: linux only, support large files
- [MCU] revision: support unlimited client_info
Version 3.14.0 (Mar. 2010)
- [Installation Package] revision/bug fixed: use DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR == '/' to detect OS for the system running php
- [MCU] when listenip is set to all, set it to auto-detected local IP address in weboffice_pure.xml
- [MCU] when jnj_ip is empty, set it to auto-detected local IP address in weboffice_pure.xml
- [MCU] when owner enter a meeting after a successful rescue, the owner's mutex protection is not correctly set.(bug introduced in 3.13.0)
- [MCU] revision: when writing the meeting jnj file, put new entry UserName=xxx
- [MCU] bug fixed: A cancelled leave message may cause a junk visitor name(bug introduced in 3.13.0)
- [MCU] bug fixed: linux mcu, phy_mem and v_mem could overflow. set to 0xffffffff when the value is larger than 32bit.
- [MCU] revision: use a thread to asynchronously check disk space. otherwise, certain users with many recording files take a long time to join meeting.
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: port to linux 2.6 (gcc 4)
- [MCU] bug fixed: make sure that the memory allocation for request is enough for the memory copy later. may cause mcu crash
- [MCU] bug fixed: when a user rejoin a meeting, should reset the My Picture received flags of all users for this particular user. otherwise, this user will not receive my pictures.
- [MCU] revision: port to nss 3.12.4
- [MCU] bug fixed: sometimes, the log show 0.0.0.0 for the peer address.
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: when mcu rescues a recording file and finds that the owner never logs in while usernum=2, set the recording as a message
- [MCU] revision: new configm entry,use_group_prefix
Version 3.13.0 (Jul. 2009)
- [Installation Package] revision: Add exception to WinXP SP2 Firewall
- [Installation Package] revision: update web certificate
- [Installation Package] revision: change from 'HM Messenger' or 'HomeMeeting Messenger' to 'JoinNet Messenger'
- [MCU] bug fixed: should update messenger count when a guest sign in/out.
- [MCU] bug fixed: should support 'pick user id' for jeditor usage while messenger support is removed.
- [MCU] revision: support hot recovery for WO.
- [MCU] revision: improve virtual memory usage for a meeting
- [MCU] revision: do not close raw files until the recording file has been created.
- [MCU] revision: log successful download slide detailed information (date,filename,save user's account, plus uploader's info) . at level 6 or higher.
- [MCU] revision: office status 2's meaning, when at least one guest is in, set the office status as '2', no matter the owner is in or not.
- [MCU] revision: configm.ini, entry admin_email support multiple (up to three) emails.
- [MCU] bug fixed: chunked data processing, should append null at the end of the new data.
- [MCU] bug fixed: after the name is modified, the change should be sent to all other users at once
- [MCU] revision: new configm entry. mcu_master_allow (can only relay to these allowed master mcu)
- [MCU] bug fixed: support keep-alive in Media TCP thread
- [MCU] revision: support group in check message dialog box (msgr 1.13, mcu 3.13)
- [MCU] revision: support personal message (msgr 1.13, mcu 3.13)
- [MCU] revision: support subject for share through messenger (msgr 1.13, mcu 3.13)
- [MCU] revision: support web service at http interface
- [MCU] bug fixed: data structure re-organization to support large number of concurrent meetings.
- [MCU] bug fixed: pipeline msgr thread. otherwise, large file transfer during congested time cause connection be broken.
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: it may take a long time to launch mcu when there are a large number of recording files. Use thread to improve this.
- [MCU] revision: log file sharing activity
- [MCU] revision: when joinnet pause playback for more than 30 minutes, break the playback connection.
- [MCU] bug fixed: should trigger the 2nd participant to ask quesiton automatically when the config/license do not allow participant audio channel.
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: when listen to all while jnj_ip not set, auto-fill backupip in the response of /getmcuinfo/
- [MCU] bug fixed: auto recovery create recording file with property size of zero. mcu cannot change title/password for this kind of recording files.
- [MCU] bug fixed: strstr should not be use for potential binary data, such as property read from recording file. use memstr instead.
- [MCU] revision: do not use old_file_hash and shared_file_hash. put the info to .xml file. keep back-compatibility though.
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: use mutex protection when writing xml files, just in case multiple threads trying to write to same file at the same time
- [MCU] bug fixed: some unmatched mutex protection
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: make adjustment for the memory release of playback session.
Version 3.12.3 (Oct. 2009)
- [MCU] bug fixed: linux mcu, phy_mem and v_mem could overflow. set to 0xffffffff when the value is larger than 32bit.
Version 3.12.1 (Jun. 2008)
- [MCU] bug fixed: queue management error during playback. (cause crash) bug introduced from version 3.5.0.
- [MCU] revision: use "Server Homepage" in auto-sent emails.
Version 3.12.0 (May 2008)
- [Installation Package] support mobile status
- [Installation Package] remove step 2 and option "invitation format"
- [MCU] revision: use loglevel 6 to 9 for some debugging "info" log.
- [MCU] revision: support firewall that only allow http or https traffic
- [MCU] revision: write last token holder's id to the .xml file when the meeting end.
- [MCU] revision: support group conversation
- [MCU] revision: support start recording
- [MCU] revision: support file transfer
- [MCU] bug fixed: playback mcu, for slide download from broken point, the initial point is not adjusted correctly.
- [MCU] revision/bug fixed: http now use version 1.1 instead of 1.0
- [MCU] revision: support audio codec g726.11 (jnkernel from 1.25)
- [MCU] revision: support status_mobile (mobile online)
- [MCU] revision: new entry in configm.ini, disable_private_textchat
- [MCU] revision: support non-loss queue management for playback.
- [MCU] bug fixed: should only log IM when the log_im setting is set in configm.ini
- [MCU] revision: SIP. setting 'sip_merge_pkt' also control whether MCU merge SIP audio packets when it forwards SIP audio packets to JoinNet
- [MCU] revision: support offline share recording file
- [MCU] revision: during playback, forward all media type to joinnet even it is not recognized by mcu.
- [MCU] for jnkernel 1.24 or lower, send text chat warning if newer media types are detected.
- [MCU] bug fixed: mcu, when choosing the .jnr file name to generate (by recording or rescuing), should find one name that do not exist.
- [MCU] revision: weboffice mcu, internal web page, remove 'check message' link. now can only visit
Version 3.11.6 (Dec. 2007)
- [MCU] bug fixed: should log offline message if it is configured to do so
Version 3.11.5 (Nov. 2007)
- [MCU] bug fixed: linux mcu, after poll, revents checking bug. bug introduced from version 3.11.0
- [MCU] bug fixed: master mcu, should update the _cluster_connection_xxx.txt content after any relay connection. the information is not up-to-date when an relay connection comes in.
Version 3.11.4 (Nov. 2007)
- [MCU] bug fixed: should write backupip info to jnj file
- [MCU] revision: log IM information to different files
Version 3.11.3 (Nov. 2007)
- [MCU] bug fixed: Self Picture client notification mess up (bug introduced in 3.11.0)
Version 3.11.2 (Nov. 2007)
- [MCU] bug fixed: linux mcu, negative time in recording file bug fixed.
Version 3.11.1 (Oct. 2007)
- [MCU] bug fixed: when listen to all, do not write warn log for "listenip is not set".
- [MCU] revision: add sessionindex to MCU daily/monthly xml log file for entry: meeting, meeting_usage/meeting, and recording_filesize
- [MCU] revision: warn user in the log if the proxy server/messenger web server can be resolved into multiple IP addresses. (only the first is used)
- [MCU] bug fixed: linux mcu, when the mcu is creating the new recording file, lock it and do not allow other thread(playback, check message) to access it.
Version 3.11.0 (Oct. 2007)
- [MCU] revision: support My Picture for those users without camera.
- [MCU] revision: support offline message.
- [MCU] revision: during playback, when reaching end of file and no more network activity for 5 minute, break the connection
- [MCU] bug fixed: master MCU cannot send UDP packets to relay MCU. (bug introduced in 3.10.0)
- [Installation Package] Support JID(JoinNet Installation Detection)
Version 3.10.1 (Jun. 2007)
- bug fixed: mcu crashes when using proxy with authentication
- [Installation Package] Some image files are updated
Version 3.10.0 (May 2007)
- Support IPv6
- new configm.ini entry: disable_joinnet_upload_file; disable_joinnet_save_slide
- bug fixed: relay server,should update _cluster_connection_xxx_.txt whenever relayconnection is modified.
- support archiving recording file.
- support tracking all shared playback activities through messenger.
- [Installation Package] For Windows Vista, the default installation folder is "C:\HomeMeeting" instead of "C:\Programe Files\HomeMeeting".
- [Management] More configm.ini entries can be modified through the configuration page.
- [PHP Part] use superglobal instead of HTTP_*_VARS, so that the server doesn't need to turn on "register_long_arrays".
Version 3.9.3 (Feb. 2007)
- bug fixed: sync full screen processing during fast forward bug fixed.
- revision: when writing to recording file, re-calculate the target bandwidht using 10-second's interval.
- bug fixed: jeditor touch hash function potential dead lock
- bug fixed/revision: record codepage information even if the recording is paused by the user.
- revision: support password-protection. create file require jnkernel 1.22
- revision: support mcu-info writting as jnr property
- revision: support playback of password-protected recording file.
- revision: checkmessage show whether the file is encrypted
- revision: weboffice mcu,support weboffice ex: change file title, change file password, upload recording file, (un)share recording file, playback shared recording file
- bug fixed: when the meeting participant number change from 0 to 1, update the _status_ip_xxx.xml file. (thus, a entry will show up when a guest start to leave message)
- revision: support jeditor user number in license
- revision: support running as built-in https server
- revision: weboffice mcu, read/write deny_message (per-user setting) from userinfo.dat. and communicating with wbmsgr for changing this setting
- revision: require jnkernel 1.18 and wbmsgr 1.7
- revision: license support vendor and feature. max 19 bytes. case sensitive. features seperated by comma.
Version 3.8.1 (Sep. 2006)
- bug fixed/revision: media over tcp, do not use audio_reserve; also send out as many audio packets as possible whenever they are in the queue. (otherwise, the audio queue may build up when there are 11+ streams)
- revision: media over tcp, when queue build up, send multiple small media packets in one IP packet to improve network efficiency.
- revision: weboffice, support xml_data in user data file. (file version upgrade to 4). need msgr 1.8.0+
- revision: log im text and short message when the sender's version is 1.8+ (in base64-encoded format) (and should be easy to be extracted from the raw log file)
- revision: support sync full screen (jnkernel 1.21+)
- revision: license, support optional tag and
Version 3.7.1 (Apr. 2006)
- revision/bug fix: new config: auto_questioner_number. default is 1. only apply to weboffice meeting. other meeting has no auto-questioner
- revision: support trial license
- revision: stop recording when either raw file is larger than 1.99GB, or all together is larger than 3.99GB.
- bug fixed/revision: adopt restricted (and dynamic) file mapping to support large file. (for playback and other usage)
- bug fixed: recv_slide now can handle big slide, (when slide is big(> 10MB), use temp file instead of memory)
- revision: support to enforce diskquota during a meeting. (start warning when 2 times quota; while stop recording 10 times quota) (can turn this off in configm.ini)
Version 3.6.0 (Feb. 2006)
- revision: slave mcu require new license with entry 'qualified_relay'
- bug fixed: playback, when reaching the end of file and not repeating, send the last slide flip if available.
- revision: new config tag 'show_system_information'. when set to 0, the mcu internal page does not show the system information.
- revision: support send/receive text chat/ text mark up to size of 2047 (old value: 511). (see also jnkernel 1.20)
- Support HM Messenger
- Support JoinNet 3.5
- Support HM Messenger
- Support up to 18 video and audio channels
- Support licenses that are good for 2 years or more.
- Allow users/administrators to control whether MCU should merge SIP packets.
- Allow users to set local IP Address in SIP Call; add sip_local_ip setting in configm file
- Support SIP
- Record video of all participates during question mode.
- Allow to pause and resume recording during a meeting.
- Tune-up memory usage; now, each meeting consumes 800K verse 10M in the past
- Fix memory leakage for unmatched FindFirstFile
- Add support of displaying offices in left-then-down direction in
addition to down-then-right.
- Add HM Messenger download link
- Update new member status icons.
- Modify index.php such that an error will be displayed (instead of PHP source code) if PHP engine is not installed on the web server.
- Fix undefined function (array_fill) error. The script should now be able to run on PHP <4.2.0
- Enhance the look of large Chinese font by using graphic.
- Fix cosmetic problem: text-wrapping occurred in fake buttons in IE 5.0
- Fix cosmetic problem: a border was displayed in Last Update in some IE 6.0 of WinXP
- Add new feature: "Send Invitation" action.
- Display messenger status in directory.
- Remove Online group.
- Use different background color to distinguish various online status.
- Change office listing order to down-and-then-right.
- Reorganize the HTML page so that all styles (font, color, background, margin, etc) are defined in cascade style sheet.
- Allow users to click text in "Select Action" section to make choices..
- Highlight selected item in Select Action section.
- Display "Download JoinNet" and "Run Test Wizard" links using fake buttons
- Adjust web page color scheme and background used in status bar and welcome bar.
- Use hidden iframe (under Preference section) instead of hidden frame for checking directory update in background.
- Bug fix. Previously, an invalid hash message is shown during login
if the system has old PHP (version <4.3) does not offer sha1() function in
Win32 platform. A Win32 version of OpenSSL is included to fix the
- Bug fix. Some systems with certain Windows patches installed (maybe with conjunction of certain PHP version) have problem to login because the PHP script cannot locate MNG.EXE. A different implementation is now used to locate MNG.
- Include WinXP instructions for configuring web server.
- Correct the display of login error message (Linux platform only)
- Add "Enter Secure Mode" hotlink in Log On page for switching to HTTPS easily
- Bug fix. Previously, users have problem entering non-English in some fields when the server's OS is using non-English system codepage. For example, when clients enter Chinese characters in email field, the server will change non-English characters to question marks.
- Include instructions for configuring HTTPS in Micrhsoft IIS and Apache (Win32 platform only)
- Improve the accuracy of MCU status in "Status and Info" page. The status is now determined by actually contracting the MCU instead of looking at content of weboffice_pure.xml file.
- Improve the display of login error. Instead of switching back to login page and displaying incorrect password, a system message will be displayed.
- Include new MNG version 1.3
WebOffice Installation (Win32)
- Fixed un-installation problem. In previous version, recording/web files were deleted even though it was specified not to do so.
- Add additional configuration for Apache, so that HM Messenger can work with WebOffice seamlessly.
- Update MCU default settings defined in configm.ini file
- Modify regular expression used in Setup Wizard so that it will run correctly with VBscript version 5.0 which comes with Windows 2000.
- Improve the detection of PHP installation; instead of looking for php.ini, Setup will look into web server's configuration and search for certain keyword.
- Allow users to manually shutdown Apache HTTP Server; some version of Apache may crash if it has SSL module enabled.
- Automate the configuration of user account used by IIS anonymous access.
- Perform a simple check of PHP installation and give warning if it does not exist.
- Set the default installation mode of Template and Management to "install only" instead of "install and configure" in upgrade mode.
- Improve the removal of WebOffice virtual directory in IIS during uninstallation
- Move shortcuts in Start menu to Homemeeting\WebOffice Server folder
- Always install MCU service; however, the service's start-up type (automatic/manual) will be modified according to user's selection during the installation.
- Change the "Start WebOffice Server" shortcut in Start menu to launch MCU in service mode; by doing so, MCU will not be exited if users logout.
- Correct the insertion location of Alias entry in Apache's httpd.conf.
- Disable always-on-top feature when displaying installation progress.
- Ask users whether Setup should start web server if it was not running.